The South Coastal Library is offering free, introductory computer classes. In addition, an iPad Users Group meets at the library on a monthly basis.
The classes are offered on Tuesday afternoons and Wednesday mornings, on a rotating schedule from October through May. All classes are 75 minutes long and require preregistration. To sign up, visit the South Coastal Library or call (302) 539-5231.
Classes offered include:
• Beginner Basics (two consecutive sessions for true beginners);
• Searching the Internet; and
• Intro to Email: Gmail or Yahoo (three consecutive sessions for beginners).
Additional classes this fall will include:
• Introduction to MS Word 2010, Tuesday, Oct. 22, and Tuesday, Dec. 3, 10 a.m. to noon.
• Windows 7 File Management, Tuesday, Nov. 5, 10 a.m. to noon.
For iPad owners, the iPad Users Group will meet at the library from 11 to noon to share ideas, apps and solutions on Tuesdays, Oct. 15, Nov. 19 and Dec. 10.