• Bethany Beach Town Hall will be closed on Thursday and Friday, Nov. 28 and 29, for Thanksgiving.
• The Bethany Beach Charter & Ordinance Review Committee will meet on Friday, Dec. 6, at 1 p.m. at town hall.
• Bethany Beach’s pay-to-park season ended on Sept. 15. It will return on May 15, 2020.
• Prohibitions on dogs on the beach and boardwalk in Bethany Beach ended on Sept. 30. They will resume on May 15, 2020.
• The regular meetings of the Bethany Beach Town Council and Planning Commission are now being broadcast, with video, over the Internet via the Town’s website at www.townofbethanybeach.com, under Live-Audio Broadcasts. Both meetings are at town hall. Additional meetings, such as committee meetings, may also be broadcast and/or recorded, and may be available on the website.
• There is one vacancy on the South Bethany Planning Commission. Terms are for two years. The Planning Commission researches and makes recommendations to town council on various issues; prepares and updates the town’s Comprehensive Plan every five years; provides updates on the status of the goals in the plan; and holds occasional hearings on land use issues, such as lot partitioning or lot separation. Send questions or to submit a brief resume by Dec. 6 to Town Manager Maureen Hartman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Community Enhancement Committee will meet on Wednesday, Dec. 11, at 9:30 a.m.
• The town council’s next regular meeting will be Friday, Dec. 13, at 6 p.m.
• Prohibitions on dogs on the beach ended on Oct. 15. They will resume on May 15, 2020.
• The Town of South Bethany’s website is located at www.southbethany.org.
• The Town of Ocean View’s Facebook page can be found at www.facebook.com/townofoceanview.
• The Ocean View town website is located at www.oceanviewde.com.
• The Town of Millville’s Facebook page can be found at www.facebook.com/townofmillville. There is no sign-up/log-on required, it’s free & open to the public.
• The Millville town website is located at www.millville.delaware.gov.
• Curbside recycling is picked up every other Tuesday.
• The Town of Frankford website is located at www.frankfordde.us.
• The Selbyville Public Library will be closed on Nov. 28-30.
• Selbyville Town Hall and the Selbyville Police Department are now located at 1 West Church Street, Selbyville. All other phone, fax and email contacts remain the same.
• The town council’s next regular meeting will be Monday, Dec. 2, at 7 p.m.
• The 59th annual Selbyville Christmas Parade will be held downtown, along Church Street, on Friday, Dec. 6, at 7 p.m. Santa and Mrs. Claus will visit with children before the parade. The event is hosted by Southern Sussex Rotary Club. For registration and vendor details, visit www.facebook.com/events/1911508552571921.
• The Park Street ball field is available for organized recreation groups. There is no fee. Download a permit request form and return it to Town Hall.
• Community Legal Aide Society will provide free legal services for legal or undocumented immigrants who have been victims of crime. Services are available on Tuesdays at Selbyville Police Department. For additional information, contact the police department at (302) 436-5085 or visit Town website.
• Bulk trash is collected on the first Wednesday of each month (one item per household, like a television).
• The new town website is www.Selbyville.Delaware.gov.
• The Town website is at www.dagsboro.delaware.gov.
• The Millsboro town website is located at www.millsboro.org.
Indian River School District
• There will be no school for students on Nov. 27 (only 12-month employees report to work); and Nov. 28-29 (Thanksgiving holiday).
• Progress reports will be issued Dec. 6.
• Committee meetings will be held Monday, Dec. 9, at the Indian River Education Complex in Selbyville: Policy at 4 p.m.; Curriculum at 5 p.m.; Buildings and Grounds at 6 p.m.; and Finance at 7 p.m.
• The next regular monthly meeting of IRSD Board of Education will be Monday, Dec. 16, at 7 p.m. at Sussex Central High School.
• The Indian River School District is in need of long-term substitute teachers for the 2019-2020 school year. Anyone interested should contact Celeste Bunting at (302) 236-6273 or email@example.com.
• The Citizens Budget Oversight Committee will meet quarterly at 6 p.m. on Wednesdays, Jan. 15, April 22, July 15 and Oct. 21. Meetings are open to the public and take place at the Indian River Educational Complex in Selbyville.
• The school district website is www.irsd.net.
• The Sussex County website is located at www.sussexcountyde.gov.