The South Coastal Library this week announced the winners of its 10th Annual Teen Art Show:
Senior Division (ages 15-18) winners were:
• First place — Victoria Rentsch, for her compressed charcoal drawing, “Empty Pages,” (awarded a $50 gift card to Michael’s craft store)
• Second place — Aliya Berger, for her glazed pottery, “Your Primary Lantern,” (awarded a $25 gift card to Michael’s craft store)
• Third place — Brandon Schoenfeld, for his photograph, “Decay,” (awarded a watercolor painting kit).
Junior Division (ages 12-14) winners were:
• First place — Devyn Stek for her scratch art, “Wolves,” (awarded a $50 gift card to Michael’s craft store)
• Second place — Lili Yacoubian, for her clay figurines, “Four Seasons of Lili,” (awarded a $25 gift card to Michael’s craft store)
• Third place — Elizabeth Chen, for her watercolor-and-ink painting, “Violin,” (awarded a watercolor painting kit).
Honorable mentions were also awarded to Jessica Baker, Emilee Dorey, Ann Weaver, Anastasia Barlow, Sara Thompson and Sam Moritzkat in the Senior Division, and to Nialla Abrams, Anna Bakker, Bryn Mortenson, Oriana Peterson, Jailynne Vidro-Daniels, Ashley Ruiz Crews, Savannah Shriner and Emily Evans in the Junior Division.
For the contest, teens ages 12-18 were asked to create an original work of art (in any medium). In all, 29 teens submitted 69 entries. Winners were selected by local artists Tara Grim, Morgan Golladay, Mary Byrd, Bernice Brennan and Kathy Bohs. Prizes were provided by the Friends of the South Coastal Library.