• The Bethany Beach Cultural & Historical Affairs Committee will meet on Tuesday, Dec. 4, at 10 a.m. at town hall. The agenda for the meeting includes: setting dates for March/April cultural evenings; a report regarding the Coastal Towns Committee meeting on Nov. 26; an update on Dinker-Irvin Cottage renovations; and committee input regarding text for the Dinker/Irvin Museum.
• Bethany Beach Town Hall will be closed Dec. 24-25 for Christmas.
• Bethany Beach’s Streetscape project resumed on S. Atlantic Avenue and Cedarwood Street on Oct. 1, beginning the final phase of a project intended to provide a safe pathway for pedestrians and cyclists on the streets. The project will also involve some work on Ashwood Street designed to improve drainage in the area.
The project includes new porous blacktop roadway surfaces (to aid with drainage) and pedestrian/cyclists pathways on Cedarwood Street and the remaining unimproved portion of S. Atlantic Avenue between Parkwood Street and Garfield Parkway.
The project may last as long as 10 weeks, and there will be brief periods where one or more streets may be closed in their entirety to vehicular traffic. When that occurs, residents will still be able to access a property on foot, but it may be necessary to park on adjacent streets until the closed road is reopened.
• Bethany Beach’s pay-to-park season ended Sept. 15 and will return on May 15, 2019.
• Prohibitions on dogs on the beach and boardwalk in Bethany Beach ended Sept. 30. They will resume on May 15, 2019.
• The regular meetings of the Bethany Beach Town Council and Planning Commission are now being broadcast, with video, over the Internet via the Town’s website at www.townofbethanybeach.com, under Live-Audio Broadcasts. Both meetings are at town hall. Additional meetings, such as committee meetings, may also be broadcast and/or recorded, and may be available on the website. The Dec. 21 council meeting was canceled, and the next P&Z meeting is set for Dec. 22.
• The town council’s next regular meeting will be Friday, Dec. 14, at 6 p.m.
• The winter collection schedule has begun, with trash picked up on Mondays, and recycling and yard-waste picked up every other Friday and Wednesday, respectively.
• Prohibitions on dogs on the beach ended Oct. 15 and will resume on May 15.
• The Town of South Bethany’s website is located at www.southbethany.org.
• Town Hall is selling Fenwick Island flags, measuring 2-by-3 feet, for $25.
• The Town of Ocean View’s Facebook page can be found at www.facebook.com/townofoceanview.
• The Ocean View town website is located at www.oceanviewde.com.
• The Millville Town Council will hold its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, Dec. 11, at 7 p.m., at Town Hall.
• Town Hall will be closed on Monday, Dec. 24, and Tuesday, Dec. 25, in observance of Christmas; and on Tuesday, Jan. 1, in observance of New Year’s Day.
• The Town of Millville’s Facebook page can be found at www.facebook.com/townofmillville. There is no sign-up/log-on required; it is free and open to the public.
• The Millville town website is located at www.millville.delaware.gov.
• Social workers from DHSS will be available at the Frankford Public Library on Thursdays from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. to assist with SNAP, Purchase of Care, energy assistance, long-term nursing care and more. People can stop by to learn what community support is available for them and their family.
• The Town of Frankford has contracted with the Delaware State Police for 12 hours of police coverage per week. Coverage will include three-hour shifts on four days each week.
• Curbside recycling is picked up every other Tuesday.
• The Town of Frankford website is located at www.frankfordde.us.
• The town council’s next regular meeting will be Monday, Dec. 3, at 7 p.m.
• Community Legal Aide Society will provide free legal services for legal or undocumented immigrants who have been victims of crime. Services are available on Tuesdays at Selbyville Police Department. For additional information, contact the police department at (302) 436-5085 or visit Town website.
• Bulk trash is collected on the first Wednesday of each month (one item per household, like a television).
• The new town website is www.Selbyville.Delaware.gov.
• The Town website is at www.dagsboro.delaware.gov.
• The Millsboro Christmas Celebration is scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 1. A parade is scheduled for 5 p.m., with guests invited to the Millsboro Town Center following the parade for the annual tree-lighting, live music, carols, bonfires, hot cocoa/coffee, crafts and more. For individuals or organizations interested in participating in the parade, organizers ask that they send an email to email@example.com to ask for an application form. There is no cost to participate.
• The Millsboro Town Council will meet at Millsboro Town Center on Monday, Dec. 3, at 7 p.m. The council is scheduled to discuss: final approval of proposed site plan for Avid Hotel, presented by Pennoni; discussion of the downtown improvement projects, with a presentation by George, Miles & Buhr; information from the town solicitor regarding bidder selection criteria; Chapter 66 of the Code of the Town of Millsboro; bond releases for the Commons at Radish Farm and/or The Homestead; development agreement and/or associated contracts and documents for Westtown Village; bonding requirements; Christmas pole decorations; information from Councilman Tim Hodges regarding a donation to Delmarva Christian Schools; and waiver of property-tax-related penalties on Commerce Drive and Old Landing Road. The council also plans to hold a closed executive session at the end of the meeting.
• The Millsboro town website is located at www.millsboro.org.
Indian River School District
• Progress reports will be issued Dec. 7. Parent-teacher conferences can be scheduled for special schools (Dec. 10), middle schools (Dec. 11), high schools (Dec. 12) and elementary (Dec. 13).
• The next regular monthly meeting of the Indian River Board of Education will be Monday, Dec. 17, at 7 p.m. at Sussex Central High School.
• Committee meetings will be held Monday, Dec. 10, at the Indian River Education Complex in Selbyville: Policy at 4 p.m.; Curriculum at 5 p.m.; Buildings & Grounds at 6 p.m.; and Finance at 7 p.m.
• The school district website is www.irsd.net.
• Sussex County offices will close from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 7, to allow employees to attend the annual Mildred King Luncheon, held each December to recognize County employees for their service to the County government and the people of Sussex County. The annual luncheon is named in honor of former County employee Mildred King, who served Sussex County for nearly 30 years.
• The Sussex County website is located at www.sussexcountyde.gov.