For the sixth year, SoDel Concepts is featuring its Girl Scout Cookie dessert promotion. On Feb. 13 to March 14, each of the company’s 10 restaurants featured a dessert made with a flavor of the cookies.
The friendly contest between the company’s chefs will hit a sweet peak on March 14, when all the desserts will be served from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Clubhouse at Baywood in Millsboro, one of SoDel Concepts’ restaurants.
Admission to the March 14 event is free and open to the public, and each guest will have five votes with which to pick their favorites. The chef will the most votes gets Matt’s Girl Scout Cookie Cup, named for SoDel Concepts’ founder, the late Matt Haley.
The month-long promotion raises money for the Girl Scouts of the Chesapeake Bay.
“We give $1 from each dessert sold to the Girl Scouts,” said Scott Kammerer, president of SoDel Concepts. “But we also buy hundreds of boxes of cookies so that we can make the desserts. Our guests look forward to this promotion — and the event — each year, so we have to be well-stocked.”
The SoDel Concepts’ restaurants, located from Lewes to Fenwick Island, will each offer their own twists on the cookie flavors, including:
• Fish On in Lewes — Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich.
• Matt’s Fish Camp in Lewes — S’mores Toasted Marshmallow-Stuffed Beignet with Warm Chocolate Sauce.
• The Clubhouse at Baywood — Trefoils Raspberry Cheesecake Bars.
• Bluecoast Seafood Grill + Raw Bar in Rehoboth Beach — Do-si-dos Banana-Waffle Cookie with Peanut Butter-and-Jelly-Crunch Ice Cream, Dark Chocolate Magic Shell and Banana Anglaise.
• Lupo Italian Kitchen — Somoas Tartufo.
• Matt’s Fish Camp–Bethany Beach — Thin Mint Dacquoise.
• NorthEast Seafood Kitchen — Coffee-Toffee/Mocha Cream Pie with Toffee-tastic Crust.
• Bluecoast Seafood Grill + Raw Bar in Bethany Beach — Tagalongs Peanut Butter-Salted Caramel Ice Box Cake.
• Catch 54: Savanna Smiles — Lemon Mascarpone Layered Cake with Crushed Blackberry Whipped Cream and Candied Lemon Slices.
• Papa Grande’s Coastal Taqueria — Samoas Fried Ice Cream with Caramel and Coconut covered with Oreo Crumb, Dulce De Leche, Panko and Shredded Coconut in a Waffle Bowl with Fresh Whipped Cream and Chocolate Caramel Sauce.
For information about SoDel Concepts, visit sodelconcepts.com.