Do you care about Open Space in Sussex County?
On May 14, 2019, the County Council will hold a critical public hearing on a proposed amendment to the current Cluster Development regulations. It would make it mandatory — not optional as it is now — that Cluster Developments have “Superior Design.” This means features such as 30 percent of the open space must be connected, and preservation of existing wetlands, waterways, wildlife corridors, farmlands, woodlands and scenic views. It would be a “win” for the environment and for quality of life in general.
If this is important to you, here’s what to do:
(1) Take the 4-minute SARG (Sussex Alliance for Responsible Growth) survey on this matter at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Z5NB2YX.
(2) Come to the County Council public hearing on Tuesday, May 14, 2019, at 10 a.m. at the Council Chambers at 2 The Circle, Georgetown, Del. You may speak individually on this matter for up to 3 minutes, or simply be there to support others who voice your opinion. Numbers matter a lot!
(3) Write to your county councilman to express your opinion on the following webpage: https://sussexcountyde.gov/county-council.
(4) Call your county councilman:
• District 1: Michael Vincent, (302) 629-2396
• District 2: Samuel Wilson, (302) 856-2972
• District 3: I.G. Burton, (302) 313-5501
• District 4: Doug Hudson, (302) 542-1432
• District 5: John Rieley, (302) 858-8649.