Agenda – December 23, 2016
• The Bethany Beach Town Council has canceled its December meeting.
• Bethany Beach Town Hall will be closed Dec. 23-26 for Christmas and Jan. 2 for New Year’s Day.
• The Bethany Beach Board of Adjustment will meet on Thursday, Dec. 29, at 10 a.m. at town hall to consider an application for a variance, filed by attorney Timothy G. Willard for property owners Paul and Mary Lee Anderson, for Block 15, Lot 23, at 223 Ocean View Parkway, in the R-1 Zoning District, seeking a variance from Chapter 425, Section 425-14 Lots fronting on two or more streets and Appendix 3, Table of Dimensional Requirements footnote (b), for a variance at the west side yard from the required 15 foot setback and a variance from the required front yard for a second floor addition.
The existing dwelling currently encroaches into the west side yard from approximately 5 feet at the front corner of the dwelling to 10.7 feet at the rear corner. The existing dwelling also encroaches 6.5 feet into the required front yard. The application may be inspected in the office of the Building Inspector, 214 Garfield Parkway, Bethany Beach, Delaware, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except scheduled holidays.
• The Town of Bethany Beach’s recent survey regarding specific design elements for the proposed “Central Park” has been completed and tabulated. To see the results, visit http://www.townofbethanybeach.com/DocumentCenter/View/2398. To see the survey as presented, including illustrations, visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Preview/?sm=BMy_2BRLkGbCwB4ov3Q9FwB4K2vPI.... (No further survey responses are being accepted.)
The public can view on the Town website the presentation by Oasis Design Group to the Bethany Beach Town Council, soliciting input for preliminary concept development for the features and organization of “Central Park,” at the intersection of Routes 1 and 26. The URLs for the four presentation segments are http://www.townofbethanybeach.com/mediacenter.aspx?VID=30 (and 31, 32 and 33).
• Bethany Beach’s pay-to-park season ended Sept. 15 and will return on May 15, 2017.
• Prohibitions on dogs on the beach and boardwalk in Bethany Beach ended on Sept. 30 and will resume on May 15, 2017.
• The regular meetings of the Bethany Beach Town Council and Planning Commission are now being broadcast, with video, over the Internet via the Town’s website at www.townofbethanybeach.com, under Live-Audio Broadcasts. Both meetings are at town hall.
• South Bethany is again forming a plunge team for Exercise Like the Eskimos on Jan. 1. Register at www.qrcf.org on the “Events” page for the “South Bethany” team and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
• Yard waste is picked up biweekly, continuing on Wednesday, Jan. 4.
• The Planning Commission will meet next on Friday, Jan. 20, at 10 a.m.
• The town council’s next regular meeting is Friday, Feb. 10, at 7 p.m.
• Prohibitions on dogs on the beach ended Oct. 15 and will resume May 15, 2017.
• The Town of South Bethany’s website is located at www.southbethany.org.
• Town Hall will be closed Dec. 23 and 26, and Dec. 30 and Jan. 2, for the Christmas and New Year’s holidays.
• The Charter & Ordinance Committee will meet Friday, Jan. 3, at 9:30 a.m.
• The Environmental Committee will meet Thursday, Jan 12, at 2:30 p.m.
• The Business Development Committee will meet Thursday, Jan. 19, at 2 p.m.
• The town council’s next regular meeting is Friday, Jan 27, at 3:30 p.m.
• The Town of Ocean View’s Facebook page can be found at www.facebook.com/townofoceanview.
• The Ocean View town website is located at www.oceanviewde.com.
• Town Hall will be closed Dec. 22 to 26 for Christmas and construction. For immediate assistance during that time, email Town Manager Debbie Botchie at DBotchie@mvtown.com.
• Planning & Zoning will meet Wednesday, Jan. 4, at 7 p.m.
• The town council’s next regular meeting is Tuesday, Jan. 10, at 7 p.m. starting with a public hearing to consider the final site plan submitted by Millville Town Center LLC, for Millville By the Sea’s Sea Star Village, for Section 2. The preliminary plan was approved for the entire Sea Star Village; this submittal is the final plan for Section 2 only, with nine cottage lots and nine perimeter lots, for a total of 18 lots.
• The town council’s next workshop is scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 24, at 7 p.m.
• The Millville town website is located at www.millville.delaware.gov.
• The Millsboro town website is located at www.millsboro.org.
• There was no town council election on Dec. 3. The seats up for election will be filled by incumbents Norwood Truitt and William Chandler.
• The Town of Dagsboro website is at www.townofdagsboro.com.
• Curbside recycling is picked up every other Tuesday, continuing Dec. 27.
• The Town of Frankford website is located at www.frankfordde.us.
• The town council’s next regular meeting is Monday, Jan. 9, at 7 p.m.
• Curbside recycling is collected every other Wednesday, continuing Jan. 4.
• Bulk trash is collected on the first Wednesday of each month. Households may put out one bulk item, such as a television, each month.
• The Town website is at www.TownOfSelbyville.com.
Indian River School District
• The IRSD Board of Education will meet next on Monday, Jan. 23, at 7 p.m. Indian River High School.
• The district will host a public referendum on Thursday, March 2, to address a current-expense issue with a proposed 49-cent increase per $100 of assessed property value. The weather date is March 16. The Nov. 22 public referendum was defeated by a margin of 20 votes among more than 6,000 cast.
• The Indian River School District’s Special Education Task Force will host parent focus group meetings on Wednesdays, Feb. 8, 2017, at Georgetown Middle School; and March 22, 2017, at Millsboro Middle School. All of the meetings are at 6 p.m.
• Elementary school progress reports were issued Dec. 9.
• There is no school for students Dec. 26 to Jan. 2.
• The school district website is www.irsd.net.
• The district website is at www.irsd.net.
• County offices will be closed on Dec. 23 and 26 for the Christmas holiday.
• The county council will not meet on Dec. 20 or 27, due to the Christmas holiday. The council will next meet on Tuesday, Jan. 2, at 10 a.m.
• Agendas, minutes and audio, as well as live streaming of all County meetings, may be found online at www.sussexcountyde.gov.