Paint Out Arts Weekend announces sites
Participating artists in the Rehoboth Art League (RAL) and Rehoboth Beach Main Street’s Paint Out event will be working in their choice of 13 area locations. The Rehoboth Beach Arts Festival Weekend featuring Paint Out is scheduled for May 7-9.
“Plein air is, in part, a spectator sport,” noted RAL Executive Director Karen McGrath. “We want visitors to find and interact with the artists as they paint. This becomes part of the arts festival weekend experience we’re developing.”
The designated artist areas are:
• Beach block Rehoboth Avenue;
• Second block Rehoboth Avenue – First to Second Streets;
• Third block Rehoboth Avenue – Second Street to Lake Avenue;
• Boardwalk north end – Grenoble to Surfside Place;
• Boardwalk south end — Newcastle to Queen;
• Silver Lake – on Lake Drive and Bayard Avenue;
• Lake Gerar – Rehoboth Art League campus;
• State Park north of North Shores – Gordons Pond;
• Funland – Boardwalk at Delaware Avenue;
• Grove Park – Grove Street and Rehoboth Avenue;
• Baltimore Avenue – Boardwalk to Second; and
• Wilmington Avenue – Boardwalk to Second.
In all, 30 regional artists have been juried into the event, and from dawn to dusk on May 7 and 8, they’ll be “painting out” from the boardwalk to Gordons Pond. Maps will be available at the RAL gallery, the Rehoboth Beach Main Street office and various local businesses.
On Saturday, May 7, the beach blocks of Baltimore and Wilmington Avenues will be filled with the bright tents and wares of local artisans from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. MOSAIC’s Second Saturday Art Walk will move earlier in the day, taking place from 3 to 6 p.m.
On Sunday afternoon, May 9, from 2 to 5 p.m., is the big event of the Rehoboth Arts Festival Weekend, with the Paint Out Awards and exhibit reception. The event is at the Rehoboth Theatre of the Arts, Baltimore Avenue. The Paint Out work will be on display and awards presented. Those attending can enjoy wine, mimosas and light fare, at a cost of $20 per person, and live jazz while they shop for paintings. This year’s awards judge is Ryan Grover, curator of the Biggs Museum of American Art.
Community Bank of Delaware is already on board as an event sponsor. For information about sponsor opportunities, contact Karen McGrath at (302) 227-8408 or email@example.com.
The Rehoboth Art League is located on Dodds Lane (Second Street turns into Dodds Lane) in Henlopen Acres, blocks from downtown Rehoboth. For more information or directions, visit www.rehobothartleague.org or call (302) 227-8408.